Jalebi a sweet snack which is popular all over south Asia. And North Africa. It is made up by deep frying maida flour batter and are of circular or round shapes, which are soaked in sugar syrup after frying.
The main advantage of this is that it can be served warm or cold. It can also be served with rabri in North India. We can also call jalebi a sweet coil.
NOW for this you need some ingredients :
3 cup all purpose flour
2 cup hung curd
2 cup ghee
3 cup sugar
2 powder green cardamom
2cup corn flour
1/2 pinch baking soda
2 cups oil
3 cups water
4 drops rose essence
1/2 teaspoon edible food color
So let’s start with our recipe:
To make jalebi take the all purpose flour and mix cornflour and baking soda in a bowl.
2. Add ghee and food colour to the mixture. Now to make a thick batter add hung curd and water. Mix all well until it become thick but it should have slightly flowing consistency.
3. Keep it aside for 8-10 hours to ferment. This step is very important as it give unique “sour” taste to jalebi.
4. For sugar syrup, heat the water in a pan over medium flame. Add sugar and mix until get fully dissolved.
5. Sim the syrup until it attains one string consistency. Add cardamom powder and rose essence. Stir well.
6.Now heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Fill the jalebi batter in a cloth and pierce a small hone in between the cloth. Squeeze the cloth to make concentric circles. Move from inside to outside to make circles.
7. Fry the jalebis until crisp and golden.
8.Soak the jalebis in sugar syrup for 2-4 minutes. Ensure that the syrup is warm and not very hot. Now, remove the syrup and place it on a tray with butter paper foil.
9. Decorate with silver foil and it is optional . Serve the jalebis hot,warm or room temperature. For crispy jalebis don’t forget to ferment the batter overnight.