Khandvi is also known as Patuli. It is a savory snack in Maharashtra cuisine as well as in Gujarat cuisine.
It is consists of yellowish, tightly rolled bite sized pieces and is made up of gram flour and yogurt. So, let us start :
1/2 cup gram flour
1cup sour butter milk
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
10-15 curry leaves
2 tablespoon scraped coconut
4 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
2 tablespoon oil.
1. Take gram flour, butter milk, turmeric powder and salt in large bowl. Mix properly and make smooth batter using a hand blender.
2. Grease a large plate with cooking oil and keep aside.
3. Pour batter into a heavy bottomed pan and cook on low flame. Keep stirring constantly to avoid lump formation. Cook until mixture become thick and doesn’t taste raw.
4. Transfer large spoon full of batter over a plate. Spread it in thin layer. Let it cool for 3-4 minutes. Place straight cuts using a knife and make two wide strips. carefully roll each strip in a roll.
5. Heat 2 tablespoon cooking oil on a small pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, cumin seeds, green chillies and let them cook around 30-40 seconds.
6. Pour prepared seasoning over Khandvi rolls . Sprinkle shredded coconut and coriander leaves. Serve it with a green chutney or garlic chutney.