The word poha refers to flattened rice. They are considered to be nutritious. It is eaten for breakfast, snack and even for a quick dinner. So, let's start with the recipe :
2cups thick poha
2 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaSpoon black mustard seeds
3 tablespoon peanuts
1/2 cup minced onions
6 curry leaves
1 green chilli minced
1/2 cup boiled,peeled, cubed potatoes or frozen peas.
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon lemon juice.
Chopped coriander leaves for garnish.
1.Place the poha in colander and wash it under cold water, set aside to drain. Do this just before cooking-the poha shouldn’t set for more than 10 minutes otherwise it will get mushy.
2. Heat the oil in a pan. Add black mustard seeds. When the pop, add peanuts and cook under medium heat Till they turn lightly golden.
3. Then add the onion, curry leaves and green chilli. Saute on medium heat till the onion is translucent.
4. Then add cubed potatoes or green peas and stir them well.
5. Sprinkle turmeric and salt. Stir and cook for few minutes.
6. Add drained poha and lemon juice.
7. Cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander.