welcome back today ,I came up with new recipe I.e patra recipe. It is also known as Gujrati Patra. It is also famous in Himachal Pradesh and called patrode. The love for these is extremely high. It’s a supremely delicious dish!.
Colocasia leaves are nutritious as well as tasty , especially made into patordas – a smooth paste of besan with spicy and sour flavours applied on the leaves.
Though the process of making "patrodas"might seen bit lengthy but the steps are easy and i hope you all will enjoy this delicious recipe and you know these leaves prevent us from many diseases and boost our immunity and eye sight.
2 cups Gram flour (besan)
10 colocasia leaves. Medium size
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder and amchur (dry mango powder)
1/2 tea spoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
2 teaspoon ginder garlic paste
Salt to taste,water.
Oil to cook.
Process to make Patrodas.
- Firstly select the medium size leaves for good taste. Cut the central stem and while buying colocasia leaves make sure they have black stem.
2. Wash the leaves and pat dry with kitchen towel and set them aside.
3. Take a bowl add besan add salt, red chilli power,cumin power,amchur,coriander power ginger garlic paste.
4. Add little water to make thick paste and keep stirring to make lump free batter.
5. Place colocasia leaves on large plate with smooth part of leaf facing downwards. Spread the batter on the top of the entire leaf.
6. Place another leaf on the top of it repeat the same process with 5 to 6 leaves.
7. Fold the ends from both sides to minimize the size and make it into rolls. Keep applying batter on the inner side of the leaves also. Repeat the same for other leaves also.
8. Heat water into a steamer and steam the prepared rolls of leaves for 20 to 25 minutes on high flame. The batter will become non sticky after steaming.
10. Heat oil in kadai and deep fry them in batches for 2 minutes both sides till they become brown and crispy.
11. Put them into a plate and sprinkle some chart masala and serve.
You can also serve these with green chutney or with ginger and cardamom chai (tea). It becomes more tasty on a rainy day if you want it as a snack. 💖
🌸Thank you🌸 By - Pallavi Rana.